25 July 2012

Cut that Ribbon

My internship at Cobb Travel & Tourism will be ending the first week of August, so I've been trying to learn a lot and work as hard as possible during the time I have left. My boss and the CEO of the company is an incredible woman. With her guidance and connections, I've been able to do things most young adults just don't get to do.
On Friday, I had a really exciting day. My new roommates and I moved into our beautiful new house in Athens. I'll put up some pictures soon, but before I came to Athens, I had the opportunity to go to the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the new hangar at the McCollum Airport in Kennesaw.

I got to the office at about 8:15 and Holly asked me if I wanted to go to the new hangar. As a daughter and sister of pilots, I don't pass up an opportunity to go to an airport. Airports are full of of possibility, and I love possibilities.
Many local politicians were there, along with the media and several people who I have met over the summer. I doubt I'll be using the airport to house my Gulfstream any time soon, but hey, a girl can dream.

Sidenote: The cutting of the ribbon would have been a lot more dramatic if the ribbon had been guarding something previously unused or unseen. I guess it's all about the photo op. 

No comments:

Post a Comment