31 August 2013

August Rush... to the Blog

Thanks to all the lovely people out there reading my blog! lions tigers & clare hit over 1,100 views for the month of August. I'm enjoying writing and sharing my world with the world. It just makes me wonder... Who are the faces behind those 1,100 clicks? 

Even though I still consider myself a novice in this bidness, I've found some strategies that have helped me. I'm hesitate to share my secrets, but I'm not greedy. What goes around, comes around.

1. Sharing to social media: Share to Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and add a little extra teaser to the post. Simply reiterating something in the post isn't as interesting.

2. Pinterest for pictures: I've been fortunate enough to take a lot of great trips where I have taken A LOT of great photos. I've created pins of these photos and they've gotten pretty popular. It's cool to think of a whole different community of people getting to see beautiful sights from my point of view.

3. Link, Link, Link: If I write about a restaurant or a place with a web presence, I try to link back to their page. It helps my readers get a better idea of what I'm talking about and it helps my blog get on their radar as a stream of traffic.

4. Talk about it: I get the best ideas and inspirations when I talk out loud to friends, family and sorta strangers. Sometimes, I feel like I'm writing to a vacuum disguised as a white screen. But, by talking, the blog becomes more of an extension of myself.

Thanks yall! Happy football!!! Go Dawgs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment