14 June 2012

Our New Kitty! Part 1 of Many...

It's been a really exciting week around my house!!! On Monday, my friend Sarah's sister found a little kitten near the dumpsters at her apartment complex. Heartbreaking. My sister & I have been trying to convince my parents to get another pet for a while, but with all the traveling and us not living at home anymore, they would say no. Understandable. But when I showed Dad a picture of this little orange fuzzball, he smiled and said something like "Aw, he's cute! Bring him over." I was shocked.

Cute, but so sick. He needed some TLC.
Natalie and I went over to see it at Sarah's and he was even smaller than the picture made him look. We gave him a bath and the flea problem became more apparent. He needed a vet ASAP. Also, giving a cat a bath is terrible. Kudos to Sarah for that. So, Natalie and I took him to the vet afraid that he had every disease in the book. And we thought he was a she. Obviously, a little red haired rescue should be called Annie but Annie became Oliver. I wanted to name him Conan.

At this point, we still didn't know if we were going to keep him but he weighed 15 ounces. Not even a pound and estimated he was about 5 weeks old. The people at Town & Country Veterinary Clinic were so wonderful. They cleaned the mites out of his ears and gave him a pill to get rid of the fleas. As of now, Oliver has a clean bill of health. He looked like a new kitty but still had the voice of a lion. His meow is LOUD.
The little guy fell asleep at the vet... and I melted into a puddle on the floor.
We walked in the front door and the parents loved him. He sat in a basket next to the table when we ate dinner. Renato & I went and picked up food, kitty litter and all the accessories. The little guy was HUNGRY. We let him walk around the house for a while, then got scared he could get lost and decided to make him a home in the bathroom for the night.

Look how precious!
Since I've been working so much this week (8-5) I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with him. That's what I'll be doing tonight and I couldn't be more excited.

2 comments:

  1. The Best Grandparents EverJune 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM

    Clare, your new kitty is precious. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Clare I love you so much xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete